Phase 1: Acquire materials.
- 1 foot 3" pvc pipe
- 4 feet 1.5" pvc pipe
- 1 reducer. 3" to 1.5"
- 1 slip to female thread transition piece 3"
- 1 male thread plug to fit 3"
- pvc pipe cement
- 1 lantern flint
- 1 10# bag of Spuds
- rubbing alcohol or hairspray
Phase 2: Assembly
- Cut 1' off of the 1.5" pipe, this will be your spud cutter.
- Join 3" pvc with the 3' of the 1.5" pvc using the reducer.
- Attach the transition piece to the end of the 3" pipe
- drill a hole large enough to feed the lantern flint through without it going all the way through. Firmly fasten the flint into position.
Phase 3: Defend the home front
After securely fastening the pvc with pvc cement, and cutting some Spud grenades, remove the three inch plug from the butt of the Spud Launcher, add rubbing alcohol or hairspray, fasten plug back on tightly, aim away from all friendlies (this includes neighbors houses and pets) and activate flint. (Warning: Should only be done under the supervision of a Comanding Officer, Mom & Dad)